Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Into A Scar



Tonight, the red sun set on my face

and I sit here still, in the darkness

wondering why my need for light made no difference.

The bed lies smooth, untouched,

my mind is warped from lost slumber

brought by your punctuating absence

I eagerly await the end of this chapter

for the day when I fear twilight no more.



I yearn for my soul to embrace the comfort

of darkness once again.

I pick up the stained coffee cups,

dust off the ashes that have built tiny shrines

to the tune of my longing for you,

I tidy up my home since I cannot clear cluttered thoughts

of you bulit in mountainous piles in my head.

I’m going to wash your strokes out of my hair

I will rub the kisses off my shoulders and neck,

cut out your face from photographs, save maybe one or two.

I will turn this wound into a scar and watch your mark on me slowly fade.

I will let the Jack,the Johnnie, and the Jose

down my throat to douse this slow burn,

And I will dance though my heart anchors my feet

until I wake up and believe in the music again.

I can already hear a distant song…

Farewell…


(image source here

No comments:

Post a Comment